Tuesday, July 7, 2009


This is week two of unemployment, for the second time, and I'm faring well so far, I suppose. I'm still in a kind of forgetful stage and wake every morning with a start before rolling over again, remembering it's another two hours before Jeremy Kyle starts.

When working I would always hit the snooze button for a final hour of snatched sleep, drifting in and out of a light slumber, the stresses of the day ahead plaguing my mind. I never really enjoyed the snooze button time but rather awaited anxiously the final shrill of the alarm that signalled the last possible minute had arrived for me to get up and face the day.

Now I can enjoy endless sleeping in without worrying - every cloud and all that. When I finally rise I can take my time getting ready, preparing wholesome breakfasts. I remember to take my vitamins every morning and have time for a second cup of tea. The mornings involve channel hopping, reminding myself how many stressed workers would love to spend a morning like this and I should be grateful now for the chance.

However, after two weeks the novelty of the leisurely lie-in is starting to wear thin. Rather then fretting about emails and meetings, my thoughts centre on wondering what will Phil and Fern include in the holiday capsule wardrobe segment after the break.

I wonder is today the day that Jeremy Kyle reveals the lie detector results to show if Scott from Barnsely did get Tracey's sister pregnant even though he was in prison.
I wonder which of the irritating Loose Women will make up today's panel and which former Emmerdale hunk will be the guest star to keep us stay at home women entertained. Of couse my daytime TV habit is coupled with stalking companies for a chance to meet and impress them. Lunch times are more varied and depend on which unemployed friend is available for a coffee or a walk around town.
Time off is all very well but, despite still being paid for these next few weeks, a strict monitoring of every penny is needed. Luckily I was only unemployed for three weeks the last time and knowing I had a new job to start meant I really did enjoy that time off and was refreshed for my new position.

Hopefully I will have similar luck this time round, because if I'm still unemployed in September and the return of the Afternoon Show, I'm in danger of not getting dressed at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment