Wednesday, February 3, 2010


I can't get over how great Victoria Beckham looks right now, photographed here wearing flats and a simple navy dress. I've never been a fan of Posh's look, always finding her completely over styled with too much fuss and jutting bones. Even as her status in the fashion world rose, I never warmed to her, and until seeing this pic, have never once oohed over an outfit of hers.

Even when she does a jeans and vest look she always ruins it with towering unappropriate shoes and too much tan, so it's refreshing here to finally see her dressed down in a simple way. She has famously declared to hate flats, and has apparently resorted to these ballet pumps to help with painful bunions (from years of ridiculous shoes). She once remarked even, that skinny jeans and flat pumps make you look like a golf club, which I just don't see. Some of the most stylish girls are flat-fans, though I suppose it helps if you like your ankles, which many women might not.

Sometimes it's just sexier to be comfortable, and not trying too hard. There's a time and a place for killer heels, for me it's when I know there's a taxi featuring in the night. I think Victoria looks absolutely adorable like this, relaxed, simple and stunning and I love that she's returned to her natural boob size, which suits her petitie frame so much more.

She might just be a style icon after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment