Monday, July 26, 2010



the bank holiday weekend is coming and with that is pay day! these 'Apple Wood Clog' boots from Topshop are top of my list for weekend shopping but I'm continually disappointed with the mecca that is Topshop and their unfavourable prices to Irish customers. While shoe horning my feet into them last Saturday in Stephen's Green I discovered they are €114 here, but a quick price comparison later online shows the UK ones to be 75 Sterling, which translated on the day as €89..so basically they are 25 euro cheaper once you convert the currency! disgraceful..well it's Topshop's loss, I'm all for favouring Irish retailers but with this UK flagship taking us for fools I can't find any reason not to save myself €25..anyone have any thoughts on this? I seriously love these boots too, I love the clunkiness of the wood and the hardness of the studs which will be perfect juxtaposed against the floral tea dresses I tend to wear a lot..I'm all about the florals and prints but have to always toughen them up with something less girlie, a boyfriend cardigan, brogues or even just toned down with neutral shades to mute the colour...summer be gone and bring on lots of new boots!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sick of the Topshop method of price conversions....esp since their clothes have been kinda tacky for the last couple of seasons and the quality has gone downhill!
    Their new A/W collections look nice, so hopefully they're back on form....now if they can just sort their prices out....

    ReplyDelete