Thursday, July 22, 2010







I'm seriously over summer. Greece was amazing and the beautiful sunny days we've had here in May and June were blissful, but now that soggy warm dampness and erratic rain just has me sick of sloshing about in pumps with wet feet and I'm longing for crisp autumn days, cool and sunny with no rain. Seriously it hardly ever rains here in autumn and winter..apart from one last blast of summer heat ( hopefully) at Electric Picnic, I'm ready for all things nice and autumnal - new winter coats, boots, woolly scarves, the turning leaves, layering, the anticpation of Christmas on the way ( ok I'm being really sad with this one) the smell of halloween in the air, the dusky evenings and lighting candles, and a fire when I go home..snuggly knits and knowing how to dress for the day unlike this crazy unseasonal rain that leaves you soggy yet sticky at the same time! ..anyone else out there prefer the 'back to school' season?

pics courtesy of the Sarorialist and zimbio.com

No comments:

Post a Comment